Beyond the Motherhood Mask
Feminist criticism pushed motherhood discourse beyond the "natural" framework and indicated, that while naturalizing mothering process and labelling mother's labour as 'instinct', we trivialize it and create invincible barriers for those women, who cannot fulfill motherhood obligations so easily.
Full article is available only in Georgian.
- Adrienne Rich “Of Woman Born: Motherhood as Experience and Institution” 1976
- Sarah Ruddick “Maternal Thinking: Toward a Politics of Peace”. 1989
- Shari Thurer “The Myths of Motherhood. How Culture Reinvents the Good Mother”. 1994
- Susan Maushart “The Mask of Motherhood: How Becoming a Mother Changes Everything and Why We Pretend It Doesn't”. 1997
- Amber E. Kinser “Motherhood and Feminism”. 2010