(closed project) Project aimed to start the feminist discussion about the controversial aspects of motherhood as 'an experience and as an institution'. Also, it aimed to critically rethink the concept from the perspective of mothers and feminists.
Author of the project: a feminist researcher, Tamta Tatarashvili.
○ Project analyzed the concept of 'motherhood' according to the feminist theories; literature review;
○ 16 oral histories were recorded with mothers and analyzed by the researcher;
○ Public debates were organized in the regions of Georgia:
- Lagodekhi municipality: villages Leliani and Tsnori;
- Zugdidi municipality: village Anaklia;
- Ozurgeti Municipality: village Dvabzu;
- Batumi city;
- Kutaisi city:
- Tbilisi city.
Based on the analysis of literature review and oral histories, 6 articles were published on the blog during the year. Articles can be found in Georgian on this link.