Education: MA Documentary Filmmaking, BA Journalism
Position: Producer, Filmdirector, Founder of Sakdoc Film
Research Iinterests: Spaces and people in them
Languages: Georgian, English, Russian, Italian
Salomé Jashi is a documentary filmmaker from Georgia . With first degree in journalism she studied documentary filmmaking at Royal Holloway, University of London. Salomé is a co-founder of production company Sakdoc Film. Through Sakdoc Film, Salomé was a project coordinator and tutor for project Caucadoc [2012-2014], which aimed to support development of documentary film in the South Caucasus. As a tutor she also collaborates with other international training workshops. She has also directed a documentary play “Seven” in Tbilisi.
Her recent film The Dazzling Light of Sunset was awarded at several international film festivals. Her recent films are made in co-production with Germany and in collaboration with MDR/Arte. Her previous film Bakhmaro was also nominated for the Asia Pacific Screen Awards in 2011.
- THE DAZZLING LIGHT OF SUNSET | 74’ | 2016 | Director, producer, DOP. With the support of Robert Bosch Co-production prize. In co-production with inselfilm produktion (GER) and in cooperation with MDR/Arte and YLE.
Best Film of Regard Neuf Competition, Visions du Réel, Nyon
Best Feature film, FICValdivia, Chile
Best Central and Eastern European Film, Astra Film Festival, Romania
Best Central and Eastern European Film and Best Debut, JIhlava IFF, Czechia
- A SWIM | 12’ | 2011 | Director. As part of series 15 Young by Young. Georgia/Latvia/France, in cooperation with Arte
- BAKHMARO | 58 | 2011 | Director, DOP. In co-production with ma.ja.de. filmproduktion and MDR/Arte. Georgia/Germany
DOK Leipzig, Honorary Mention for a Young Documentary Talent
Jihlava IFF, Best Central and Eastern European Documentary
Nominated for the Asia Pasific Screen Awards and Silver Eye Awards, 2011.
- THE LEADER IS ALWAYS RIGHT | 43’ | 2010. Director, producer, editor. Georgia. In collaboration with Goethe Institute.
- SPEECHLESS | 12’ | 2009. Director, producer, editor. Georgia
- A MR. MINISTER | 16’ | 2008. Co-director, editor. VPRO Tegenlicht.
- THEIR HELICOPTER | 22’ | 2006. Director, editor. Georgia/Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
Best short film of the International Documentary Film Festival in Mexico – DOCSDF, 2008.