Education: Art Historian
Occupation: PhD student of I. Javakhishvili State University; chief coordinator at National Agency for Cultural Heritage Preservation of Georgia.
Research Interests: Georgian fine arts of 1900-1920 years, gender-related problems in Georgian arts.
Topics: Georgian fine arts of 1900-1920 years; unknown or less-known women artist and their place in the history of Georgian arts; Georgian modernism as artistic event, common and differentiating features with Western avant-guard; cultural life of Tbilisi in the beginning of XX century; old urban narrative of Tbilisi.
Language: Georgian, Russian, English
Biography: In 2003 Kristine Darchia graduates Ap. Kutateladze Tbilisi State Academy of Fine Arts, Faculty of Architecture, History and Theory of Art with the specialization of Art Historian (Diploma with Distinction). She is PhD student at the faculty of humanities of Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University for now. Dissertation theme: “The Georgian Painting of 1920s. Unknown women artists.” Since 2009 works at National Agency for Cultural Heritage Preservation of Georgia as a chief coordinator. Gives lectures at Tbilisi State Academy of Fine Arts (History of Georgian Art, History of World Art); Takes part in conferences and collaborates with the scientific magazines.
- “Tbilisi living with aesthetic feelings of the world (cultural life in Tbilisi during 1910-1920), magazine “Old art Today”, Tbilisi, 2011
- “Cubo-futurism according to Lali’s (Ema Lalaeva-Ediberidze) work” (Georgian painting of 1920s). Materials of International Conference – “Caucasus – Georgia on cultural crossroads. Interculturula dialogue in Europe and beyond”, 2010.
- “One aspect of Klasa Kvees’s works” (Georgian painting of 1920s). Materials of International symposium dedicated to Vakhtang Beridze, Tbilisi, 2009.
- “Still-life in the works of Klara Kvees” (Georgian painting of 1920s). Materials of scientific conference dedicated to Petre Melikishvili, Tbilisi, 2009.
- “Different version of cubo-futurism in the works of Ema Lalaeva-Ediberidze”. “Spectri”, Tbilisi, 2006.
- “Some features of unknown artist – Ema Lalaeva-Ediberidze”.
- “Cultural life in Tbilisi during 1910-1920”. “Herald of Caucasus”, Moscow, 2005.
- “Works of Mikheil Shengelia”. Collection: Modern Georgian culture and arts, materials of scientific conference prepared by students, Tbilisi, 2004.
- Woman in painting. Paintings of 1920 years”.